Guide Me on Migrating To Order Service

Order Service is the method Bronto uses to automatically import order data (and sometimes cart data) from your site into your Bronto account. If you want to leverage our newest, and upcoming, offerings you will need to implement Order Service. If your account uses Legacy Conversion Tracking, it does not use Order Service and will need to be migrated.

Add Bronto Script Manager Snippet to Your Site

The Bronto embed code you currently have on your site will not work with Order Service. To migrate, you will need to add the Script Manager snippet to your site. You do not want to remove the old embed code until after Order Service is set up or some order data may be lost.

The Script Manager code should be added to each page on your site that contains order data. We recommend adding both to the footer for your site.

Configure the Order and Cart Capture JavaScript Code

The first step is to build JavaScript code that maps your site's order code to Bronto order fields so that Bronto can properly recognize, capture, and store order data from your site. Learn how to construct an Order and Cart Capture JavaScript Snippet.

You will need to do the following to build the Order and Cart Capture JavaScript Snippet:
  1. Copy the script and paste it into a code editor.
  2. Delete any order fields you don't want to pass to Bronto from the example.
  3. Search the code that's used to build your site for the code that's used to store each order field you want to pass.
  4. Replace the placeholder value with the order field code from your site.

    For example, replace 35.98 in "grandTotal": 35.98, with the code that's used to store order IDs on your site. This would look similar to "grandTotal": order.endtotal,.

After you build your JavaScript code, add it to your site.

Finally, you will need to configure your Order Settings located on the Settings > Platform Settings > Commerce page.

Set Up Data Loader Order or REST API Imports

We recommend using either the Bronto API or Data Loader as a backup method of importing order data. JavaScript has browser and configuration dependencies so we cannot guarantee the import of all order data when it is sent using either the JSON or JavaScript implementation methods.

Typically, these implementations will capture more than 90% of your traffic and configuring Data Loader or REST API imports helps ensure the other 10% will also be captured.

Important: If you currently use Bronto's SOAP API to import order data, update your API process to use Bronto's REST API.

If you do not want to use the Bronto API, configure Data Loader to import order data.

Verify Your Order Data is Being Imported Properly

The Commerce > Orders page can be used to check if your order data is being imported properly using Order Service.

We also recommend exporting your order data from both Bronto and your commerce platform and running a comparison.

Migrate Your Legacy Order Data

When you're sure order data is being collected properly you can migrate your legacy order data:
  1. Click the Enable Order Service button on the Settings > Platform Settings > Commerce page to transfer historical orders from Legacy Conversion Tracking to Order and enable Order Service.
  2. You will receive an email and notification when the orders migration is complete. Go to Commerce > Orders to verify your order data looks accurate.
  3. Finally, remove the old embed and conversion tracking code.